The Quandis Bankruptcy Connect (QBC) is a comprehensive bankruptcy monitoring solution which allows you to automatically identify and discover changes in bankruptcy information. Quandis sources data from PACER to provide our clients with the most accurate, up-to-date bankruptcy information. QBC is built on Quandis technology which allows for superior connectivity, scalability, security and flexibility.
- Debtor monitoring: given a name and SSN, monitor to see if they’ve declared bankruptcy
- Case monitoring: given an existing bankruptcy case, monitor for status changes and key events
- Docket normalization: convert raw docket text to a standard template, enabling you to trigger events in your internal systems
- Document retrieval: upon first accessing a Pacer document, image it in QBC, so subsequent retrievals are free. Optionally OCR the document upon retrieval.
- Debtor name parsing: ensure Jane Doe-Smith f/k/a Janine Smithson is property searched.
- SSN gap coverage: ensure you don’t miss a BK hit because of an improper SSN match.
- Case management system integration: receive updates via API into your case management system (CMS)
QBC has some some unique advantages over the competitors. Because QBC queries both a data warehouse of Pacer data and can perform real-time screen scraping of Pacer, QBC has the capacity to:
|Realtime Pacer Search||X|
|Debtor Name Parsing / Normalization||X|
|Custom File Layouts and Formats||X|
|SSN Gap Coverage||X|
How Clients Are Using QBC
Whether you’re a law firm managing bankruptcy or a financial services firm performing acquisitions, QBC can provide a solution to fit your specific needs. Here are some common use cases and how QBC provided a solution.
Monitoring and Scrub Solutions
QBC monitoring leverages Quandis technology with the most up-to-date bankruptcy database.
QBC standard products allow automated monitoring of:
- Debtors – Manage your portfolio of contacts and we’ll notify you of any bankruptcy declarations
- Cases – Monitor known bankruptcies and receive notification of any disposition changes
- Dockets – We normalize and template all dockets and can notify you when they are filed
Along with monitoring, QBC can also scrub data for one-time processing:
- Debtor Search – Search debtors to identify bankruptcies
- Case Search – Refresh data points for existing bankruptcies
- Docket Search – Pull dockets under a bankruptcy
Feature Spotlight: SSN Gap
- Scrub the data warehouse for matching debtor records tied to BKs (with a 2% error rate), and
- Any “not found” debtors will be searched against Pacer directly using a SSN you provide – closing the SSN gap.
Our technology is flexible and configurable to ensure our products plug into your infrastructure with no compromises. We offer the ability to configure and customize:
QBC offers a variety of packaged layouts ranging from a simple bankruptcy flag to full data-point layout. We can customize data points for any given layout.
Whether data exchange is a more traditional text file drop or a near real-time requires API connectivity, QBC offers a variety of order channels to meet the specific use case.
QBC supports connectivity with the following technologies to exchange file based data:
- AWS s3
- Azure File Storage
- QBO Documents
File based formats include text and MS Excel. Our import capacity is extensible so we can consume custom formats.
Our standard APIs support both REST and SOAP and are intuitive and easy to implement. Xml and JSON formats are supported. QBC can also deliver to custom APIs and supports a variety of authentication methods including SSO.
For Notifications, we support the following technologies:
- Web Hooks
QBC also supports message queue channels to exchange data. We support major queuing platforms including AWS SQS, Azure ServiceBus, and RabbitMQ.
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I charged for no hits?
No. For Debtor Monitoring you are only charged for the debtors that return a hit. For example, if you submit 10,000 subjects and there is a 3% hit rate, you will be charged for 300 billable events.
We don’t have a lot of volume. Should we still consider QBC?
Yes! Quandis offers minimal pricing tiers to allow smaller organizations to leverage QBC. As your business grows your volume will grow.