QMS Additional Features
Social Security Number Lookup
If you don’t have social security numbers for some of your customers, QMS can look up the SSNs automatically prior to submitting the request to the DoD. When performing a SSN lookup, we search public records by name and address. This often returns more than one possible “hit”. QMS will search each hit returned by the SSN lookup, so you cover all your bases. If any one of those “hits” turns out to be on active duty, QMS will flag your customer as being on active duty. Additionally, QMS will return to you the details of each “hit” we searched, so you can decide if the hit was in fact your customer.
SSN lookup incur an additional charge, but we’re smart about your options:
- You can tell us to never bother with SSN lookup, thus never incurring an additional charge
- If SSN lookups are enabled, but you provide us an SSN anyway, we don’t do a lookup so you don’t incur an additional charge
- If SSN lookups are enabled, but you don’t provide an address needed to perform the SSN lookup, we don’t do a lookup so you don’t incur an additional charge
A common problem is a customer name in your database may not match the name in the DoD’s database. For example, Jane Smith-Doe in your database might be listed as Jane Smith in the DoD database. QMS’s name permutation logic will cover your bases, keeping you in compliance. Using the Jane Smith-Doe example, QMS will submit all of the following to DoD:
- Jane Smith-Doe
- Jane Smith
- Jane Doe
- Jane Doe-Smith
- Jane Smith Doe
- Jane Doe Smith
If any one of those permutations turns out to be on active duty, QMS will flag your customer as being on active duty. Additionally, QMS will return to you the details of each permutation we searched, keeping you as informed as possible and allowing you to stay in compliance. Additional information can be found on our Name Parsing and Name Permutations page.
PDFs (aka SCRA Certificates)
Most QMS clients have two uses for the service member data returned by DoD:
- Use the raw data to update internal databases, driving workflow or other decision points in your processes, and
- Imaging the PDF returned (SCRA Certificate) for compliance reasons, should you need to prove your efforts at a later date
With respect to this SCRA Certificate PDF, QMS offers several enhancements:
- Overlay information on the raw PDF returned by the DoD, including information such as an account or loan number. This allows you to tie the PDF to the correct records internally,
- Split the giant PDF returned by the DoD batch process into individual PDFs per customer (including overlay)
- Include the Submission Screenshot of search criteria submitted to DoD as part of the PDF
- Package PDFs together into a .zip file
- Transmit the PDF directly to you via secure FTP, or directly into your internal imaging system (individual PDFs or zipped)
- Retain the PDF on your behalf in the QMS imaging system
Set up multiple versions of SCRA Certificates with Image Packages. This allows for the ability to:
- Create numerous PDF packages while applying different settings to each one.
- Eliminate FTE in post-processing by letting QMS take care of the busy work.
- Render unique packages for internal and external purposes in order to maximize compliance.
- Set up versions with or without Screenshots, Summary Reports, or NPI Redaction by leveraging a host of QMS options.
If you need to perform periodic searches of a portfolio of customers, QMS offers a monitoring solution. In short:
- You upload a spreadsheet of customers to us, and tell us how often to search DoD,
- On the first day, you will get a report of all customers and their status,
- On subsequent days, you will get a report of only your customers that have a changed status
File Formats, Naming Conventions and Customization
QDS offers standardized formats for all SCRA products. These formats include field details along with file naming conventions. These formats work well for most clients. Should you have more have specialized requirements, we can customize:
- Request and response formats for real-time searches
- Batch formats. If you have existing reports, we can consume your formats to save time. We can produce custom reports to match your specs
- Customize file naming conventions based on your data to confirm to existing standards
- e.g. Your IT team requires the image name to start with loan number
- Schema and business rule validation to ensure minimum field requirements
- e.g. We can implement logic to detect and notify you of problematic data
- Permutation Logic *
- e.g. If your clients impose new compliance requirements, we can help
Most customization can occur without additional cost or impacting timelines.
*Permutation logic needs to be assessed on a per requirement basis. We offer several standard permutations features that covers industry compliance requirements.
Of course, we provide a dashboard with detailed search capabilities, so you always have the option of reporting on all or any subset of your customers you wish, on demand.